Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How to Get Started in PPC and SEM - Pay Per Click

So you want to get started in the Pay Per Click world for your business? There are a few major considerations first.

Should I use an agency, or do it ourselves?

Only by trying both will you really know which is best for your particular situation. However, you can try to make an educated guess at which is better. If you don't have ANY free time for more marketing initiatives and don't have any manpower to get involved, then you SHOULD use an agency. PPC is not a five minute setup and go. There should be some serious though and research put into keywords, ad copy, and competition before you start. And after it's up and running the campaigns need to be monitored every day, sometimes multiple times a day for proper optimization. As a result, if you don't have the time or skill to do this, an agency or freelance agent is the way to go.

Well I DO have the time and I know I can learn, so where do I start?

Research. Read what the experts are saying on the topic. Check out my blog, with more articles, andgreat links with priceless information on keyword selection, ad copy writing, and more. Do a Google search and look for other expert articles and blogs on the topic. Also do some good old fashioned reading. The Perry Marshall training course is also very good and useful, although slightly outdated, it is still relevant for 99% of it.

Where should I go? Google? Yahoo? What's the difference?

Well Google will give you 10X the traffic anywhere else can. It is a great place to start and learn before you expand out into other areas. I have an article on this specific topic in the blog. The other networks can be good too. How do I check out my competition

Spyfu.Com - Really neat tool

Can I just display ads in my local area, I am a local business?

Yes you can. Use geographical targeting in your campaign settings in google adwords. You might want to also run a national campaign with keyword combos that include city names and keywords.

What else can I do to make sure my campaigns work?

Make sure you think about your landing pages. What do you put in the ad, and then where do you send the person. The trick is to match your keywords, with your ad, and with your landing pages, in terms of verbage and relevancy. If someone searches for "casio digital cameras" - you should have a clear, compelling ad, that lists benefits and features of your site, and then a landing page that shows the cameras! You wouldn't send them to a page that has 100 other products and a couple cameras. Everything needs to be "tight" and make sense.

Alright, What else can I do with my landing pages?

Make sure you are clear as to what you are offering. Also have a good clear "call to action", and simple yet compelling sales points. List the absolute best benefits and features, and don't try to trick anyone. People are no longer stupid and get turned off easily.

I don't need sales on my site, I'm not an ecommerce site, I just need leads!!!

Well, make sure you have a prominent contact us area or link on every page. Make it very easy for someone to contact you. Do not ask for a lot of information or people will be much less likely to fill it out! Get the extra information later. Also, make sure next to your contact us you have a few really unique selling points about your business. What sells your service normally when you speak to them? Put it on the site!

Include the Word FREE on your site, but don't over do it either! Just once next to your contact form or the link that says Free Information or Free Quote, etc. No obligation, etc.

Good day and Good Luck to all!

The Author of This Article is an Expert in PPC and Search Engine Marketing, and runs many profitable campaigns for a number of clients around the world.

Visit My Blog - http://PPCAdvice.Blogspot.Com -- For more advice, Exclusive Links to Tools & Resources!

US $6.95 (0 Bid)
End Date: Tuesday May-27-2008 17:19:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $6.99
Bid now | Buy it now | Add to watch list


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home